Input Device Product Design Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Passion works here. Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- - Expert in 3D CAD modeling systems and workflow, UG NX preferred
- - Expert knowledge of drafting best practices and the application of GD&T principles
- - A deep understanding of stress-strain relationships, static mechanics (determinate and indeterminate systems)
- - A thorough understanding of kinematics and mechanism design, metal and plastic materials science, tribology and wear principles highly desirable
- - Engineering expertise in high volume electro-mechanical PCBA and product level fixture design, including
- - structures, sheet metal, plastics, fixture/mechanism design, robotics, probe design, plating materials and thermal design is a plus
- - Familiar with standard manufacturing processes, especially machining processes
- - Working knowledge of FEA (stress analysis) highly desirable, ANSYS preferred
- - Working understanding of plastic part design, molded part design highly desirable
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- - Project and product management experience strongly preferred
- - Self-driven with the desired become an integral part of Apple’s talented, highly creative ，fast paced engineering team
- - Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- - Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- - Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
Apple is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer Intern to be part of Apple’s Product Design Group. The group involve in all iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad products from early concept generation through product end of life. The engineer will be based in Shanghai or Shenzhen in China. You will likely interested with product design and manufacturing experience and will have shipped multiple products in a lead or principle engineer role. The person will have wide technical breadth as well as technical depth in at least a few key areas listed below. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engineering and thrives on innovation. The person should be excited to push the envelope on what is possible. The role will require the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with demanding schedule re- requirements across a large multi-functional team. A proven ability to deliver solid design solutions while balancing multiple priorities is key. Experience closely working with suppliers is important as well. The engineer in this role will be very comfortable with applying scientific method and apply or create the process through which they can solve complex problems.
Education & Experience
- A bachelors degree in mechanical engineering required. MS or PhD preferred. - Engineering degree (Mechanical / Aerospace / Mechatronics) with relevant professional experience
- - Handheld/portable device experience.
- - Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures a huge plus
- - Integration of electrical subsystems (display, microphone, speaker, receiver, camera)
- - Uni graphics NX or Pro-engineer fluency desirable.