Greater China Head of Marketing - Apple Pay
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is revolutionizing how people ride transit in China. More and more customers are embracing the convenience, security and privacy of using their Beijing and Shanghai transit cards and their favorite payment cards on the Apple Pay platform. We are energized by the dynamism of the mobile payments market and the growing momentum of our solutions. Would you like to be part of our world-class team? Following our successful launches, we are seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead the development and execution of our marketing plans to increase users and transactions per user. You will work closely with Apple Pay business leadership and marketing professionals in China, EMEIA and Cupertino; local and Cupertino Product Marketing; and local Marcom to execute marketing plans focused on transit, payments and e-commerce.
- You should possess knowledge of marketing, especially in products or businesses where there are ongoing relationships with customers e.g., payment cards, mobile carriers. Marketing includes both above-the-line (ATL) e.g., TV advertising, out-of-home signage in train stations, but also below-the-line (BTL) in owned partner channels.
- A mix of direct marketing and media experience is a plus but knowledge of both is not a requirement. If you have experience working with Apple in marketing, it's a real benefit
- You are expected to have strong digital and performance marketing experience, including using data and analysis to improve the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience with 6+ years digital marketing experience, ideally in a multinational environment
- You should have experience influencing the external partners who promote Apple Pay to their customers, especially transit issuers, operators, payment card issuers, and merchants
- You need not have knowledge of payments or Apple Pay specifically, but should be able to show using past experiences that you can get up the learning curve quickly.
- OTHER QUALITIES THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Self-starter who can independently develop successful marketing strategies and continuously drive innovation in enhancing our marketing effectiveness
- A strong team player who is highly collaborative and willing to rally internal and external teams around a shared objective
- High level of motivation and tenacity, especially in building external partner agreement and working through internal approval processes
- Strong influencing skills to guide partners towards the most effective marketing programs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (Chinese and English).
- Genuine passion for Apple’s world-class products and customer experience and a desire to market those to eligible users.
- Strong judgment, presence and experience engaging with marketing teams in traditional, digital and emerging Chinese companies
Together with your team, you will craft the overall marketing strategy for Apple Pay in Greater China, covering China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan You will develop marketing approaches leveraging past learnings, best practices from other markets, and your own innovative ideas You will challenge the existing thinking around how best to drive higher adoption of Apple Pay, testing new approaches and setting the global standard for Apple Pay marketing in one of our most important and most challenging markets You will secure buy-in from important Apple Pay leadership and internal partners to support the proposed approach Together with your team, you will inspire partners to implement the strategy, showing them what is possible and raising the quality and impact of their existing marketing programs You will assess performance of campaigns and propose and implement ongoing improvements, refining and enhancing the model to achieve truly world-class performance
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S. required, MBA preferred