Field Design Engineering Intern
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Working with awesome people and awesome products not only makes your work meaningful, it drives you to make our world a better place. Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Background on wireless communication and connectivity communication knowledge/experience preferred.
- Familiar with 5G standard and protocol stacks, such as NR Phy/RLC/MAC, Channel coding(Polar/LDPC), massive MIMO and Antenna design; SA/NSA architecture etc.
- Coding skill by one of popular program language, Scripting experience (shell/perl/python/matlab) preferred. Have experiences on AI/ML, Data analytics is a very good plus.
- Solid planning and communication skills, self motivation.
- Abilities to work in multi-functional teams across multiple time zones.
- Fluent speaking English skill
- Keep innovation thinking
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
You will be involved into field test project to evaluate new wireless technology and feature for new iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch and Apple Pay etc. both in the field and lab. This includes qualify S/W and H/W on different wireless technologies from early prototype, including 5G, LTE, NFC, GNSS technology. You will verify new technology, new feature and new system from functional and performance perspective, post processing and deep dive analysis of trace, run focused experiments, to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
- EE/CE MS or PhD required