Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Minimum 12 years China Tax experience in Corporate and Transaction Taxes. Experience in a fast moving MNC for at least last 2 years highly preferred.
- Self-starter, dedicated, able to work independently in a fast paced environment without close supervision, and responds quickly to requests from management and business units.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- You'll handle projects to closure, with attention to detail.
- You need strong tax research skills and able to provide tax recommendations on complex and ambiguous issues in light of commercial realities.
- You'll have validated ability to influence decisions in a multi-functional and international team environment.
- Strong organizational, documentation, oral and written communication skills am essential.
- Experience in supply chain or retail industry is a plus.
- Excellent teammate, able to take initiative and partner with different business teams.
We will hire a tax manager reporting to the Head of Tax, Greater China, this is position to cover tax strategy, advisory and projects for Apple’s fast-growing Greater China business. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Tax planning and strategic tax support for Apple’s business in Greater China, including business expansion projects, China operations and supply chain management. - Watch and provide China indirect tax and direct tax advice on a variety of transactions - Handle strategic relationship with the Tax Bureaus, including leading any tax audits or queries from Tax Bureaus . - Collaborate with Government Affairs, Legal and others on entity structuring matters, and on initiatives to obtain any tax incentives. - Handle Apple’s transfer pricing in Greater China and intercompany relationships (both domestic and international), including appropriate documentation and agreements. - Act as primary liaison with external tax advisors in China to lead overall tax advice and costs for Apple activities in China. - Advise and work with Corporate teams in respect of the impact of China tax regulatory and policy developments on Apple’s business in China. - Provide substantial updates to management, as well as timely analysis and advice with respect to actual or proposed tax legislative or regulatory changes that might impact the business.
Education & Experience
Degree in Accounting, CPA or Chartered Accountant.