Service Quality Engineer
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This role is responsible for the service MLB/PCBA quality performance from Apple’s Contracted Manufactory. You will be Apple support engineering point of contact for vendor process issues and vendor sustaining operations, and DRI for vendor improvement activities and ad hoc vendor projects.
- Extraordinary focus on the customer experience - be an advocate for the customer throughout the company
- 6 year or more in Hardware NPI, SMT Manufacturing Operations, or manufacturing/service repair experiences
- Proved knowledge in PCBA testing and manufacturing, capability in MLB debug/repair and failure analysis, familiar on BGA rework
- Experience in engineering or quality auditing of supplier and site locations
- Review Quality trends, drive improvement plans to reduce defects
- Familiarity with supply chain and materials planning process
- Prepare presentations to effectively escalate top issues to management, recommend & implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and be an inventive, critical thinker.
- Nice to have: Lean Sigma, ASQ certification, DFM experience
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
The Apple Service team provides award-winning service and support to all Apple customers. Our global Apple Support network includes self-service online tools, authorized service providers, repair centers, in-store support, and dedicated call centers. The goal of this comprehensive support system is simple: to give our customers the best experience possible. The Apple Support Service Quality Engineering team is seeking an experienced and motivated Service Quality Engineer to monitor and support the MLB/PCBA manufacture and repair at Apple Support supplier in the Shanghai area. This role will focus on monitoring and improving the performance of local supplier and supporting detailed technical requests from the corporate Apple Service Engineering team. The duties for this position will include but not limited to: - Handle Apple Service manufacture/repair vendors to make sure they consistently meet Apple's high expectations for quality. - Audit repair suppliers to ensure they are in compliance with industry standard and Apple Service Engineering and Quality requirements. - Score vendor performance monthly using defined scorecard format - Track critical metrics for each vendor and work with vendors on improvement plans - Develop documentation and processes to help improve the quality of repaired service MLBs sent to Apple customers. - Ensure timely and effective failure analysis performed by Apple's vendors. Ensure supplier compliance for all F/A data reporting requirements to Apple are met per service level agreements. - Support new product introductions(NPI) to ensure Apple Service repair is setup quickly sync with product launch. - Creating, documenting and auditing repair lines and screening sites. - Developing, evaluating, revising, and applying technical quality assurance protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process repairs and service stock. - Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed. - Work closely with MLB/PCBA multi-functional teams in California and Apple industrial partners in Asia to create sustainable service processes for MLB. - Help the suppliers achieve the metrics goals by close collaboration, regular audits and multi-functional support. - Work with the Operations Team to drive the suppliers to establish the process baseline, optimize the process window, and establish the robust service infrastructure.