Senior Collections and Credit Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber Senior Collection & Credit Specialist to join our Shanghai-based team to drive the ongoing organizational development of GBS and deliver a wide range of functional solutions. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Look at the big picture, see around corners
- Highly motivated to analyze complex information and extract key insights from data and convert to solution (proficiency in Credit preferred)
- Deep understanding of systems and processes to perform business tasks, with the dedication to innovate, challenge the status-quo and identify new and efficient ways
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- Be responsible for the hard calls and drive what matters with abilities to multi-task in a demanding environment, fight for excellence
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Visualization skill (tableau skill is a plus)
You will work closely with key business partners to ensure we are providing the highest standards solutions, handle Greater China credit exposure, maximize sales while minimizing bad debt. You'll have the potential to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. Ensure smart-operations for cash collections, order release & credit Ensure customer accounts are properly reconciled and cleared Closely engage partners and make informed decisions on credit and collection related activities Utilize analytical skills to participate in related operational improvement initiatives & projects Strategically support business expansion, engage with business partners, thinking bigger picture of Apple’s impact Provide business insight by preparing/analyzing reports Support and back up other team members and perform other duties as assigned Ensure compliance are delivered through business procedures and internal controls comply with requirements of SOX Liaise with external Auditors on Quarterly Group US GAAP audit
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in related subject matter with valid Accounting Certificate 8+ years experience in finance, collections & credits area Strong knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) Familiar with China & IFRS Accounting Principles
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.