Instrumentation & Test Development Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The touch technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of the touch technology team at Apple. Ideal candidate is detail driven and capable to work autonomously while regularly reporting on work status.
- You will have 3+ years of test development experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in software development using C, Objective C, or similar is required
- Experience in firmware development is a plus (knowledge of I2C, SPI protocols). ARM platform preferred
- Fundamental hardware engineering knowledge in analog design and ability to read schematics is required
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Statistical data analysis required
- Able to make international travel to Asia 25% of the time
- Background with Touch or Sensing Technology is preferred
- Fluent in Mac OSX tools
This individual will play a key role in architecting, specifying, designing, developing and launching our touch technology product characterization and production Instrumentation. Candidate will be responsible for, - Hardware validation and characterization - Authoring sensor technology Instrumentation software engineering requirements documents. - Prototyping, bring-up, debug and characterization testers for Apple new products - Preparing and deliver presentations; Keep team updated on a regular basis - Production instrumentation software creation and roll-out to suppliers - Supplier liaison, including supporting instrumentation bring up and qualification at engineering builds, usually in Asia. - Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.