Retail Network Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of Network Operations and/or engineering/design background - In-depth experience in TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, MP-BGP, DMVPN, JunOS, Cisco IOS.
- Knowledge of Cisco voice solutions including CUCM, CME, SRST, CUSP, Unity Connection, CUE and CUBE will be a plus.
- Knowledge of SIP protocol and ability to identify issues in different call flows and scenarios.
- Deep understanding of WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN in a context of service provider, and/or very large-scale network environments.
- Proficiency in either OS X, Linux, or other variations of UNIX.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including validated abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience in an operational environment.
- Self-starter, ambitious, self-directed and self-sufficient
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with centralized configuration management, coordination and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Salt etc.
- Programming experience, e.g. Python, Jinja, and other web frameworks.
- Strong data analytics skills
- Excellent social skills, should be capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Solid project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Passion for writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, standard methodologies/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Fluent communications in English (Chinese is a plus but not mandatory), in both writing and speaking.
This position will responsible for the delivery and operations of WAN, LAN and wireless data network services for Apple Retail stores, mainly in APAC but also, worldwide. You will demonstrate clear leadership, collaboration, and communication skills working with various business units, IS&T organizations, Retail Development and Operations, external vendors, service providers and global peer providers to deliver, support and maintain the networking infrastructure at all of Apple’s retail stores. They will need to handle existing store networks, tune wireless networks, maintain sustaining operations and become a business partner for Apple Retail. You will take a lead role in the development and implementation of standards based systems, architecture and operational processes. This position is a primary support for the Apple Retail stores and as such role will be part of an on-call rotation with pager duty required.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.