Cash Application Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to improve financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber O2C Specialist to join our Shanghai-based team to support retail store/online and Internet Service operations and expansion in Order to Cash Consumer Receivables team. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Ability to look at the big picture, see around corners and evaluate the impact of cash apps operations
- Highly motivated to analyze complex information and extract key insights from data to achieve the highest standard solutions
- Deep understanding of systems and processes, challenge the status-quo and identify new and efficient ways of doing things
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- Ability to multi-task to drive what matters and fight for excellence
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Visualization skill (tableau skill is a plus)
You will work closely with key business partners to ensure we are providing the highest standards solution to support cash apps related activities, maximize Straight though processing. You'll work in a dynamic environment to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. - Ensure smart-operations for cash Apps, ensure payments applied & cleared accurately and timely - Ensure Retail business generic accounts are properly reconciled and cleared - Support Collections and Credit team to make informed decisions - Utilize analytical skills to participate in related process improvement initiatives & projects - Strategically support business expansion, engage with business partners, thinking bigger picture of Apple’s impact - Provide business insight by preparing/analyzing reports - Ensure compliance are delivered through business procedures and internal controls align with requirements of SOX - Liaise with external Auditors on Quarterly Group US GAAP audit
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in related subject matter 5+ years experience in finance and Cash Apps function Strong knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) Familiar with China & IFRS Accounting Principles
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.