Product Engineer - EE
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB, wireless, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality.
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy, and methodical & efficient problem solving skills including engineering DOEs.
- Superior communication skills in both English and Chinese (written and verbal).
- PLUS TO HAVE:
- Excellent skills in failure analysis of systems, circuits, and their components including pFA cross-sectional analysis, Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS.
- Proven 8D and RCCA based problem solving and transformation. A high level of experience with quality metrics and SPC
- Systemic yield improvements and reporting.
- Delivery of Test requirements & Develop accelerated testing methodologies.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of logic board debug, design quality, components, and assemblies RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality Driving debug & failure analysis with Product Design, Component Engineering, Test, and Supplier Quality. Lead quality improvement teams to improve field performance. Participate in Field Failure Analysis efforts and DPPM reduction. Communication of test requirements and specifications. Participate in New Product Introductions and driving PCBA design. Running Material Issue List meeting to identify each failure FA root cause and drive for yield improvement COMPILE YIELD BRIDGE TO PRESENT IN NPR MEETING Single point of contact to lead SMT Builds, Frequent Line walk to ensure line quality management is in good health. Call for line down for any high risk item.
Education & Experience
BSEE required. MSEE preferred.