Product Design Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Passion works here. Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Our community is made up of every kind of individual: artists and designers, engineers and scientists, thinkers and doers. Together we create things and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. So if you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Just be ready to dream big.
- A bachelors degree in mechanical engineering is required. MS or Phd is a plus. Welcome fresh graduate.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical / Aerospace / Mechatronics) with relevant professional experience
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling systems and workflow, UG NX preferred
- Expert knowledge of drafting best practices and the application of GD&T principles
- A thorough understanding of stress-strain relationships, static mechanics (determinate and indeterminate systems)
- A thorough understanding of kinematics and mechanism design
- A thorough understanding of metal and plastic materials science, tribology and wear principles highly desirable
- Working knowledge of FEA (stress analysis) highly desirable, ANSYS preferred
- Working understanding of plastic part design, molded part design highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven with the desire and ability to become an integral part of Apple’s talented, highly creative and fast paced engineering team
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
Description Apple is looking for a Product Design Engineer to be part of Apple’s Product Design Group in Shanghai or Shenzhen in China. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engineering and thrives on innovation. The role will require the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with demanding schedule requirements across a large cross functional team. A proven ability to deliver solid design solutions while balancing multiple priorities is key. Experience closely working with suppliers is important as well. The engineer in this role will be very comfortable with applying scientific method and have be able to apply or create the process through which they can solve complex problems.
Education & Experience
BS/ MS in mechanical engineering related fields