Instrumentation Test Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple’s Instrumentation Test Engineer is a terrific position for someone passionate about technology. Have you imagined yourself to be the designer of the world's first measurement tool? Our organization plays a pivotal role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware that they use. Employees of this organization enjoy having a chance to lead the design of a complete and custom system that is instrumental to the quality of Apple's products. Be a part of the Instrumentation team to develop customized solutions for calibrating, characterizing, and testing touch and displays for iPhone, iPad, Watch, Mac, HomePods and more. You are responsible for developing solution systems that are flexible and mass-production friendly to calibrate and inspect fully-assembled devices. Be one of the first people in the world to witness new Apple products coming together for the first time.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with factory environment.
- Direct hands-on experiences working with mobile displays with touch sensors and have a strong passion and interest in this area.
- Experiences in performing data analysis and assess process capabilities.
- Experiences with measurement tool audit process and GR&R.
- Ability to create, modify and debug scripts and source code that enables measurement tool functionalities.
- A positive outlook towards stepping into an uncharted technology space and work hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
- Able to formulate test strategy and test coverage based on technology requirements.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and converse with colleagues in English, specially in area dealing with EE and SE.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia and US is required.
We are seeking a test engineer with electrical engineering background in developing factory solutions for testing display and touch sensors. Located in China, you will work with top talent in the industry in multiple regions to develop calibration, test and characterization methods for next-generation display and touch modules. Key responsibilities include designing and prototyping fixture and instruments that interfaces with and calibrates display and touch sensors for high volume products. Implementation of algorithms to facilitate calibration of display and touch sensors. Collaborate with various vendors and formulate design specifications. Evaluate and implement test coverage of hardware and software components to generate a complete turn-key solution. Hands-on skills such as statistics and data analysis with JMP is also desirable to be successful in the role to identify engineering issues early and drive the organization to the right direction. With your excellent written and verbal communication skills, work with your teammates to develop factory-facing solutions for mass-production. You should be very comfortable in traveling around Asia and to US to work with vendors, contract manufacturers, and design partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelor in science and technology field is required, Masters preferred.