NPI Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The HW team is looking for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Manager with strong project management experience in hardware, electronics, fixtures and test equipment. Solid background in finance, business negotiations, forecasting, and contract manufacturing interactions. Strong analytical capabilities, highly organized, independently motivated, inventive individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast paced environment. You should be a high-energy tactical execution expert and a great teammate, with a friendly can-do attitude.
- - Excellent project management skills to oversee project timelines, plans, budgets, resource allocation, scope, and definition.
- - Experience with project management methodologies and tools.
- - Ability to function in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines
- - Experience managing projects of all sizes, including large, complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- - Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- - Ability to work well with team members at different levels of the company and excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills along with experience working with cross-functional teams.
- - Strong communication, presentation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- - Experienced in data driven decision-making and demonstrated critical thinking capabilities.
- - Communicate clearly and concisely with peers, business partners, and leadership via appropriate medium: verbal/written/presentation.
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- - Detail oriented
- - Excel and database Proficient.
- - Ability to work well independently.
As the Project Manager, you will coordinate the development and implementation of process and services across Apple products as related to Hardware Test Engineering (HWTE) charter and drive cross-functional issues, influencing project decisions. - Function in a fast paced, dynamic, global environment, capable of stabilizing multiple priorities that are deadline driven. - Serve as the key point of contact for engineering project specialists, business operations, technical leads, finance, and others to establish project plans and troubleshoot and resolve project issues. - Manage project budgets, bills of materials, and readiness from engineering builds to hand off for mass production. - Understand and prioritize decisions based on return on investments. - Build and maintain reports and presentations in a regular basis focused on project schedules and budget, utilizing data visualization. - Maintain a high level of accuracy, reliability, and credibility in producing data - Provide business discernment, including fact-based and data driven decision-making. - Engage actively with individuals and teams to ensure that projects are done on time and within budget. - Organize cross-functional events, ensuring project completion i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. - Monitor and present project statuses, highlighting blockers. - Coordinate and track multiple HW/SW engineering activities. - Implement process improvements and scalability in above areas. - Work with all levels of leadership. - May require international travel.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA Required - MBA is a plus - PMI-PMP is a plus - 2 years related NPI project management experience or equivalent - Excellent English communication skills required -- both verbal & written.