Softgoods Magnetic Product Design Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team, we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need, we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers, we drive precision. And through our collaborative process, we build memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- - Working toward MS/PHD in Physics/Material Science/Electrical Engineering.
- - Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- - Self-motivating.
- - Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools
- - Flexibility working in a quickly changing environment.
- - Prior experience in product design (preferably consumer electronic products).
- - Experience with magnetic material or device, and familiar with magnetic material property and magnetic fields test methods, such as vibrating sample magnetometer
- - LabView, Matlab skills
You will assist the magnetic and mechanical design effort associated with creating world-class products for Apple. Responsibilities will include working closely with product design, manufacturing, test engineering, electrical engineering, reliability, and compliance. You will implement design of our products, with emphasis on practical and clever solutions. He/she will resolve technical issues that arise in the design of these products and be expected to follow the product from concept, through development, and into ramp. International travel will be required. Position requires MS/Ph.D of Physics/Material Science/EE/ME and technical experience in a dynamic, high technology company; a validated excellence in working as a part of a small team; and recent design experience in a modern MCAD environment. You will have experience in the delivery of high-volume products using standard and novel materials and techniques, especially in an OEM environment.
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D of Physics/Material Science/EE/ME
- - Magnetic materials or devices
- - LabView, MatLab, magnetic material and magnetic fields test.