Engineering Project Manager- Soft Goods
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. === JOB SUMMARY === As an In-Region Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the implementation process for Soft Goods Product Development at our vendors within Asia. In this role you will drive the day-to-day program activities to meet the overall program objectives with a heavy focus on the design engineering cycle and deployment planning. Key skills to include: the ability to create and maintain program schedules, the ability to predict pitfalls and develop a better course of action, the ability to identify and direct all resources required to execute successful programs and the ability to collaborate across engineering, operations and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, quality goals.
- - Detailed knowledge of the product development processes as well as an understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- - Experience collaborating with operations, engineering/design multi-national development experience
- -Experience managing Asian OEMs, vendors
- -Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- -Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- -Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- -Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
Drive day-to-day activities at OEM and component vendors to meet overall project objectives Drive engineering build activities at OEMs and component vendors with a focus to meet development requirements Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process Identify and direct all resources at vendors required to execute successful projects Create and maintain project schedules, specific to each vendor Lead cross-functional communication between project in Cupertino teams and external vendors Communicate key issues, escalations and status back to Cupertino management and team Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management at vendors Solid ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment; strong communication and coordination skill to achieve project goals. Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making
Education & Experience
BS/MS Degree in Engineering preferred