AppleCare GCM(Engineering Project Manager)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our extraordinary mechanical / industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, motivated applicant for the position of GCM/Material Readiness.
- Technical Program Management: the ability to manage all of the process development tasks and personnel resources to achieve the goal.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, technical program management.
- Knowledge of any of the following manufacturing: LCD, OLED, Glass, Mechanical subassemblies, enclosures, casings, plastics, grinding, stamping, CNC, mills, lathes, etc.
- Strong experience in engineering or auditing of supplier and site locations
- Solid communication skills in both Mandarin and English. Ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives. Extraordinary cross-functional team engagement skills and experience.
- Operations/supply chain management experience is preferred
- Ability to travel Internationally.
- High level of multi-task driven skill
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
AppleCare Enclosure team is responsible for managing cost and continuity of supply for all enclosure parts, soft goods, repair fixture and equipment for all Apple products from NPI to end of service. Enclosure is a unique commodity in Apple due to the ID and custom nature of the parts. Individuals in this role need to support but not limited to the following: - Design parts repair process with supplier and internal team. Lead the whole DOE and qualification process. - Developing, evaluating, revising, and applying technical protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process repairs and service stock. - Support new product introductions(NPI) to ensure Apple Service repair is setup quickly sync with product launch. - Creating, documenting and auditing repair lines and screening sites. - Supply chain management: you will be responsible for supply chain strategy including cost, capacity plan, material CTB build plan and capacity plan to support AppleCare demand. Identification and mitigation of potential risks to supply chain to ensure continuity of supply of service commodities, i.e material EOL, capacity constraints, new custom regulations, holidays shut down, … - Audit supplier regarding manufacture process, excess, equipment, scrap , etc. - Track critical metrics for each vendor and work with vendors on improvement plans - Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed.