Product Operations - Data NPI Program Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
iPhone Product Operations group is looking to add a Data Program Manager to support data systems, automation, machine learning, and tools that improve the manufacturing of Apple's products. You will be responsible for driving the readiness of data collection and reporting for products around the world. This team works to ensure our product manufacturing data collection, analytics, reporting, and ML projects are ready along with new product requirements during its many lifecycles (prototype through sustaining). This team is made up of creative innovators and problem solvers who seek unique challenges to ideate, build POCs and deliver new solutions in the data space. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand and other products at Apple.
- - Minimum 5-7 years of project or program management, internal product management experience in highly technical field;
- - Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- - Knowledge of emerging concepts like machine learning and predictive analytics (IoT, ML, Data Analytics, applied Data Science);
- - Familiarity with databases, large data sets, dashboards, business metrics and business intelligence solutions and projects;
- - Understanding of network security and infrastructure background;
- - Capable to build strong relationship and ability to effectively influence peers and management;
- - Self-starter and able to seek out new problems then develop and implement solutions;
- - Good communication and personal skills: ability to collaborate and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership;
- - General operations knowledge, good judgment on what is relevant to drive impact;
- - Able to develop and present complex problems in a simple way;
- - Ability to quickly switch between details and the big picture;
- - Ability to work in a highly dynamic and busy environment;
- - You have strong executive presentation skills and you can tailor your message to your audience;
- - In-region travel 10-50% and work hour flexibility required in this dynamic, global position. International travel may be required;
- - Able to work independently when handling multiple priorities in an unstructured, global and virtual environment;
- - Highly desirable to have high tech manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, NPI or Manufacturing Operations related education / experience (but not required).
The Product Operations Data Team is looking for an extraordinary Program manager. You will craft, design and implement our data and machine learning strategy to the massive iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems. Do you love using your creative left brain and structured, tactical right brain to drive projects to build systems, innovate with ML/analytics, and find operations efficiencies? If this sounds like you, you might be the person we are searching. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Guide the ideation, prototyping, and business justification/validation of solutions for Product Ops; - Work closely with engineering teams on technical development and deployment of high-quality solutions; - In charge for the definition and execution of scalable solutions to support core internal customer needs and to improve process efficiencies; - Process re-engineering or build out enhancements; - Identify inefficient process and help enable better decisions by use of data, AI, Machine Learning or all 3 together; - Prototype solutions before providing recommendations on directions. e.g. create dashboard mock-ups before investing in development effort; - Program management of machine learning initiatives - scoping, prioritization, resourcing, and implementation; - Comfortable and flexible in serving both supporting and leadership roles for various projects.
Education & Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent degree + experience, MBA is considered a plus.