Senior Data Analyst, Marcom Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple Marcom in China is seeking a Data Scientist to design, engineer, develop analytical dashboards and solutions that have direct and measurable impact to www.apple.com as well as Apple’s digital media and social media campaigns in China. This person will work with the Data Sciences manager at Apple worldwide in Cupertino to develop and deliver information that is tied to Apple customer engagement and business outcomes. In addition, this person will be responsible for providing critical analysis/ insights to help inform and optimize digital/ social campaign strategy for all of Apple’s marketing communications programs in China. The person hired for this role will be responsible for creation and delivery of ad hoc analyses, user dashboards and other self-serve analytics resources for the Greater China Marcom and Worldwide teams. This person will need to have an understanding of digital analytics, as well as creative best practices for campaign effectiveness and content nuances by platform (online, video, social, paid search, in app, etc) in order to help drive strategy and measure success.
- Seasoned data scientist with 8+ years of experience developing analytical dashboards, solutions and strategy across digital marketing platforms and social ecosystems
- In-depth knowledge of digital analytics data, measurement, methodologies and industry standards.
- Deep understanding of the Greater China digital and social media ecosystem and trends
- Excellent communicator with good design sense and natural presentations skills that can weave results into a narrative for business and creative teams to comprehend easily.
- Self-starter can take a project from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to deal with rapidly changing, time-constrained launch schedules.
- Able to balance multiple projects and assignments.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and patient.
- Experience in working across different global cultures a plus.
- Able to travel to California up to 4 times a year, for 2-3 weeks at a time.
In depth understanding of how Digital/social media fits within the marketing and communications mix Deep understanding of the Greater China Digital and Social media ecosystem and trends Work with Marcom Head of Digital and Head of Planning to track and leverage emerging platforms to identify and engage with known and new audiences Work across different function teams to craft optimal digital/social approach based on business needs Develop a dashboard and set clear KPIs against all channels, campaigns and media tactics where appropriate Work with Social team and Agency to implement social media listening/sentiment tools for use across Marcom Develop and implement procedures for integrating findings into future campaigns and provide creative best practices Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into executive recaps
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent Degree - Marketing, Business Analytics, or related fields. Master’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing Science is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, teradata preferred
- Extremely proficient with Tableau and other Data Visualization tools
- Strong working knowledge of process automation using a scripting language
- Solid understanding of fundamental statistical concepts and measurement methodologies