Localization Language Specialist: Simplified Chinese
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is searching for a professional Simplified Chinese linguist who will be responsible for localizing AppleCare content for different programs. We are not looking for a creative writer; rather, we’re expecting a creative linguist as part of our localization team. This is an amazing opportunity for the right linguist.
- 5+ years of extensive transcreation, translation, review/editing, or localization experience, preferably at a creative agency for multimedia or copy writing or a localization department in a global technology company, a localization vendor. A big plus if you are a trained linguist who has also worked as a lead linguist, copy editor, writer, or journalist.
- Passionate for quality. Eventually take ownership of the localization quality for AppleCare content.
- You are confident that you can quickly learn our World Server TM/TD tools. You’ve worked with these or similar tools in the past is a plus.
- You enjoy collaboration. You understand that everyone has a point of view on “the best language to use”. You enjoy gathering all significant opinions and working with multiple people and/or groups to settle the best outcome for our customers.
- Native level Simplified Chinese & Mandarin language skills and have near native level of fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and problem solving skills. A real team player.
- Detail oriented. Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment, and be creative at the same time.
- Comfortable fast-paced multi-task work environment.
- Solid work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to detail
There are a variety of fascinating and challenging aspects of this job. Day-to-day, you will have the following responsibilities: - Review and edit translated Simplified Chinese content in a manner that best suits the audience. The challenge is to remain 100% respectful of the English source when making the edits. - In order to figure out the best possible language, you will need to understand the nuances of Apple’s businesses — especially those areas of customer support and service in AppleCare. - Participate in terminology and terminology management discussions pertaining to the areas you're responsible for. - You will also partner with technology team to participate in many beta testing for customer-facing or internal systems. - Work with localization vendors and translators, as well as localization quality management vendors and the teams. - Eventually, you will partner with and educate source (English) content developers/authors to have them understand how their writing affects translated content. - You will work hard to persistently educate your Apple colleagues in China and elsewhere about localization. - Domestic and international travel will be required to meet with internal and external partners. To summarize, you will be tasked with reviewing and editing Simplified Chinese customer-facing and internal content in the relevant areas in AppleCare. You are encouraged to possess a deep understanding of why the edits are required; how the changes have an effect on other content; and how to implement these changes in both terminology databases (TD), translation memories (TM), published content, and current projects.