Localization Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Support and Service
Apple is searching for a professional Localization Project Manager who will support program-based localization requests as well as different localization quality initiatives. This is an amazing opportunity for the right Localization professional. You're flexible, taking on different areas of responsibilities as the team is evolving dynamically. Other responsibilities include: Lead and drive localization projects to the next level from efficiency, quality and cost perspective. Partner with cross functional teams to create the next generation of technology and process for AppleCare localization. You will be technically involved, monitoring, communicating and resolving quality issues with cross-functional teams, and communicating status throughout development effectively. Collaborate to identify content for localizability, identify terminology, reference material, and assess quality of source content. Partner with cross-functional teams in regions to articulate localization quality requirements. Communicate with vendors with AppleCare Localization KPI to achieve the best quality for Appleʼs customers. Cultural fit to the team is critical to our collective success. You love establishing relationships, you have eyes on details to continue to surprise and delight our customers and audience with high quality of target content, you are a great teammate, and you maintain your sense of humor under all circumstances.
- 3-5 years in a localization project or program manager role, and minimum 5 years in related field.
- 3 + years of experience with localization quality programs and services.
- Expert with localization tools and translation management systems; SDL WorldServer experience is strongly preferred.
- Deep experience with localization standard methodologies and confirmed experience effectively mitigating complex localization issues.
- Detail focused and have the capability to explain very complex issues to the cross functional team who may not have deep understanding on localization.
- Proven record of managing a variety of file formats and content types such as, software UI, iOS apps, Online Support content, self- paced online training, technical documentation, and multimedia.
- Excel thinking creatively from both technical and culture relevance for all localization projects. Flexibility on all with varying scope, schedule, demands, and complexities.
- Aspiration to work expertly with everyone. If your core value includes integrity, mutual respect, and appreciation to different opinions, you are a good fit to this team.
- Data analysis experience with different types of localization KPI is a plus.
- Localization QA Experience with apps, systems and online tools is a plus.
We believe successful candidates will have the following background and personal attributes: -You have extensive localization experience and have deep understanding of localization in production, quality as well as business context, hopefully in the technology industry. -You are an experienced localization professional who understands what it means to ensure localization quality in target languages for global audience. -You enjoy collaboration. You understand that everyone has a point of view on “the best language to use”. You enjoy gathering all relevant opinions and working with multiple people and/or groups to determine the best outcome for our customers. -You are confident that you can quickly learn our WorldServer TM/TD tools. You’ve worked with these or similar tools in the past. -You have expert level understanding of written (both formal and colloquial) American English. Your own written English communication skills are also excellent. Your spoken English is very good, and your comprehension of spoken English is excellent to the point where phone meetings are not a challenge. -You are comfortable with a fast-paced multi-task work environment. -You truly understand the meaning of teamwork and enjoy teamwork.
Education & Experience
BA or MA in an area related to localization, project management, or related field is preferred.