iPhone/iPad System Reliability Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on wireless accuracy and performance? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the dream to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Analytical skills in defining a problem statement, crafting experiments, and root cause analysis.
- Experience with the manufacture and/or design of assemblies that convert digital signals into physical (voltage, light, vibration) signals and vice versa.
- Deep understanding of the physics behind material properties (mechanical, electrical, and optical).
- Capable of auditing a test facility
- Adept in statistical data analysis and reporting; skilled using statistics software
Maintain frequent, efficient communication concerning the developments in Asia and in Cupertino Guide vendors to support test and reporting requirements both remotely and through on-site visits. Drive test equipment and test specs that are critical for validation of reliability Identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle Develop new tests based on the physics of failure and any novel user interactions that the technology enables. Assess reliability through stress test data and failure analysis Provide direction for failure analysis to drive toward root cause
Education & Experience
This position requires 2-8 years of experience in an engineering role facilitating communication across geographies and organizations M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field desired. Experience in an engineering role involving hands-on work desired
- - Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once, with attention to detail
- Ability to drive decisions and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to accept new tasks
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the dream to work with a great team and product
- Enthusiasm and ability to collaborate among a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to travel freely among Asian nations