Engineering Project Manager, Service Diagnostics
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As part of the AppleCare organization, the Technical Service Quality Engineer is responsible for the performance of product service diagnostics. They support development and sustain service diagnostic tools for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Beats products. Main tasks focus on development, qualification, deployment, and performance metric tracking of a variety of service and repair tools. This exciting position seeks an exceptional, self-motivated, and experienced individual who possesses strong technical and leadership skills.
- Support machine learning-based diagnostic development and sustaining performance management.
- Support qualification of field service repair process and tools
- Perform field diagnostics QA testing
- Manage and report on key performance metrics, identify and resolve issues.
- Perform impact analysis on issues and opportunities
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of device field captures
- Resolve diagnostic & repair tool field escalations
- Support service tools at screening and repair centers
- Travel 25%
- 8+ years of work experience serving in an engineering or highly technical role - Exceptional analytical and technical problem solving skills - Experience with industry standard data analysis tools and techniques, Excel master, JMP, SQL, Python, Pearl scripting, etc - Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of complex technical challenges - Strong leadership skills and highly self-directed - Strong drive for results and must be a team player - Experience with handheld/portable device design, manufacture, or field service & repair is required - Excellent presentation and communication skills - Knowledge of quality fundamentals such as TQM or 6-sigma is highly desired
Education & Experience
Bachelors Technical degree is required, Masters degree preferred