Senior Financial Analyst
Beijing, Beijing, China
The Greater China Sales Finance team manages all sales finance activities for Apple’s indirect channel businesses in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The team forms part of a dynamic Worldwide Sales Finance organization, aligned by process tracks which are managed locally, but with a strong alignment to global process ownership. The key process tracks include Demand Forecasting & Analytics (DF&A), Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Route To Market (RTM) Finance, and Product Finance (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Watch, Beats & Accessories).
- Ability to work independently, anticipate and react to frequently changing business conditions with proven ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Hands on individual with high level of business acumen and understanding of the factors influencing the business and economic environment.
- Consistently demonstrated solid business judgment, and the capability to drive an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to different level of staffs including senior management
- Strong leadership skills with mature presence to ensure effective communication and partnership with senior management
- Strong analytical capability with attention to details
- Team player with ability to work effectively across organizations and cross culturally and interface with all levels of management in a global setting
- Ability to recruit and attract top talent as well as assess, develop, mentor and motivate top performers in finance and across the company.
- A leader with ability to develop, motivate and build strong financial teams that achieve superior levels of performance.
- Proven track record of effective business partnering with Sales and Marketing teams to drive performance.
- Proven track record in financial planning, analysis and decision support function
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to speak fluent Mandarin is amust.
Responsibilities: As the Finance Leader responsible for leading all aspects of the Geo’s unit and revenue demand reporting, analysis and forecasting, and provide value added financial advice and decision support to the Geo’s Sales and Finance leadership. • Lead the unit and revenue forecast process by reporting and analyzing actual performance (sell-through, sell-in and channel inventory) and assess potential risks and opportunities to current and future demand. • Prepare and propose detailed revisions to current and future quarter forecast and present to Geo Sales and Finance leadership. • Engage and influence Operations to align demand forecast assumptions and ensure adequate and timely supply to meet forecast demand. • Present the Geo’s performance and forecast to Worldwide senior management of Sales, Finance and Operations at the Weekly Business Review (WBR) forum and clearly articulate the key business drivers, forecast assumptions, address questions and escalating demand related issues. • Develop and build the annual financial plan. Tracking and understanding business performance against plans and analyze reasons for forecast variances. • Develop in-depth understanding of the Geo’s business and the impact of variables such as historical performance, new product introduction, seasonality, demand generation, competitive landscapes and macro economic changes on the Geo’s current and future demand across the different Route To Market channels. • Provide relevant reporting and ad-hoc analysis to the Geo’s Sales and Finance leadership, including timely reporting of key demand unit forecast metrics to highlight performance trends and variances. • Lead process improvement, standardization and simplification to drive productivity and improve forecast accuracy. Support the Geo’s quarterly business review requirements. • Lead and manage local and global projects to improve finance and business processes. • Involve in ongoing development of Apple’s business support systems. • Build and lead a team of accomplished analysts and develop talent in the team for future progression and succession planning for key Finance roles. Key Relationships: • Geo Sales VP • RTM Sales Leaders • RTM Business Planners • Geo Channel Planning & Forecast • Geo Business Planning • Regional Operations (Supply/Demand Management & Resellers Ops) • Geo Sales Finance (FP&A, RTM, Product) • World Wide Sales Finance
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related discipline. An MBA or other similar advanced degree is highly desirable. • Minimum 10 years of progressive financial management experience with 3+ years in a senior lead role in the telecommunication, consumer electronic or high-tech industry relating to hardware and software.