Apple Support Senior Project Manager
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Support and Service
The Senior Project Manager leads multiple strategic projects / programs of varying scale and complexity in order to support the organization’s overall business objectives. In addition to managing their own projects, they may be responsible for a team of Project Managers and work with the Regional Support Projects Lead to ensure projects are assigned to team members with the appropriate skills and knowledge and delivered successfully. They have excellent business insight and a strong quality ethos; are able to move smoothly between projects; communicate effectively with a variety of audiences in verbal, written, and presentation forms; and gather and analyze information from a variety of disparate sources to inform decisions. They work closely with Apple Support Senior Leaders to ensure projects are supporting the overall Apple Support Strategy.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to multi-task managing people and projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of business and operational environments.
- Extensive experience in leading projects and change initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience with, project-management methodologies i.e. Six Sigma, Stanford program…
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize effectively and work independently without supervision.
- Organizational and analytical skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Native/fluent English is a must, Mandarin is an advantage.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in a fast-paced contact center or equivalent environment and have the following qualities: Critical Thinking/Analytic reasoning - Understand how projects support business goals and ensure initiatives are aligned with business vision, strategy, and deployment within Apple. - Cut through ambiguity to capture, define, and document project requirements and scope; analyze impacts of various factors on scope. - Use data analysis and empirical information to support conclusions and decisions. - Anticipate and adjust for problems, risks, and roadblocks. LEADERSHIP IMPACT/INFLUENCE - Organize activities and coordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams. - Cultivate talent and prepare Project Managers to deliver successful projects and gain the skills and knowledge needed to progress within the team. - Interact with, and influence multiple levels of the business. - Lead and support teams in achieving results that are on time, and consistent within the larger context of the business goal. - Hold project team members who may report through other channels accountable for their work. - Actively resolve conflicts to avoid any negative impact to the project and team members. - Cultivate talent and prepare Project Managers to deliver successful projects and gain the skills and knowledge needed to progress within the team. COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION - Establish and maintain strong working relationships with peers and partners. - Communicate concisely and clearly with internal customers, peers, business partners, and executive leadership via verbal, written, and presentation forms. - Summarize issues to key points and actions without losing context. - Represent the Support Projects organization to other internal groups and customers to ensure that Apple’s support objectives are understood. - Manage and communicate changes in scope in a timely manner. - Contribute to Support Projects’ team’s best-practice knowledge. - Complete weekly and monthly status reporting to update the wider business audience. QUALITY AND RESULTS FOCUS - Incorporate customer satisfaction in all project activities, with the goal of improving overall experience while keeping associated costs low. - Act independently, making decisions as needed in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. - Measure performance against goals, evaluate results, and hold self and others accountable. - Work reciprocally with project managers in other functional areas and lines of business.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience and or strong proven track record. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.