Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you want to be part of a multi-functional team supporting/leading the most complex problem solving for Apple’s next generation materials and products? Come and join in a creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues.
- - 2+ years experiences PhD/MS with goodbackground in adhesive industry/polymer synthesis/plastic processing/etc.
- - Understanding of the chemical, mechanical behavior of materials in processing/application
- - Expertise in fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- - Hands on experience with FTIR, DSC, TGA, GC-MS, TMA, DMA and ICP is a plus
- - Ability to convey complex data sets from multiple sources into a concise and understandable form
In this role, you will be responsible for performing hands-on root cause failure analysis and in-depth characterizations using advanced analytical tools, and accountable for recommending corrective action and conveying results to the team and upper management to find out a solution. Your expert knowledge and analysis are indispensable in guaranteeing our beloved Apple product to be delivered to the world on time.
Education & Experience
- PhD/MS in Materials Science/Applied Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry - 8+ years of industry experience required for BS
- - Willingness to dive deep into complex issues
- - Organized and passionate about details with extraordinary problem solving abilities
- - Ability to prioritize multiple high priority tasks at the same time
- - Willing and able to collaborate closely across the organization
- - Excellent verbal and written communication, both Mandarin and English