Product Safety Engineer - Power Adapter & DH
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also align with worldwide safety requirements. We are seeking an ambitious, tenacious, data-driven and meticulous engineer with a background in power adapter and consumer electronics development and manufacturing who can take on a lead role in product testing and evaluation. This individual’s contributions will be instrumental to supporting product engineering, manufacturing, and design for Apple’s most critical products.
- Minimum 6 years of product safety and/or reliability test experience in consumer, medical, military or space industries. Must have a detailed understanding of power adapter design, safety and associated lab testing. Relevant experiences and qualifications include:
- - Comprehensive knowledge of the requirements in IEC/EN/UL 60950-1 (GB4943.1), IEC/EN/UL 60065 (GB8898), IEC/EN/UL 62368-1, IEC 60884-1, EN 50075, GB 2099.1 and etc.
- - Strong command of applicable test equipment, test procedures, and agency requirements for the above Safety standards. Conducting safety testing and data analysis of electrical modules.
- - Developing and maintaining data collection and operating procedures for test equipment. Demonstrated experience in maintaining and calibrating equipment to ensure the highest levels of laboratory readiness.
- - Extensive lab and engineering experience with crafting, building, debugging, and analyzing lab systems and test fixtures. Understanding of lab workflows and ensuring operating efficiencies.
- - Significant experience with driving product testing for safety, compliance and manufacturing quality environments.
- - Significant experience managing vendor and contractor relationships, both at the product component and test equipment levels.
- - Strong command of data analysis, modeling, and automation software. Strong technical writing and data analytic skills.
- - Conducting/driving detailed failure analysis and determining failure mechanism and developing lessons learned.
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in English and Mandarin-Chinese.
- Serve as a domain expert in the evaluation of power adapter/DH construction, design, material, manufacturing, and consistency to international safety standards. Be an expert in corresponding test protocols needed for attaining (and retaining) certifications. - Build up a full-spectrum safety testing laboratory in SARL to evaluate alignment to compliance to international safety regulations and Apple internal safety specifications. - Develop a deep understanding of Apple products and work with multi-functional teams to establish appropriate requirements and translate them into coherent and rigorous test plans. The testing this individual will conduct will evaluate products’ and components’ performance and compliance with safety-critical standards and Apple specifications. - Support Safety NPI engineers in the application and ongoing evaluation of Apple products’ alignment to international standards and test administration. - Conduct and lead all aspects of Safety compliance testing and associated data collection, analysis, and report writing. Work closely with technicians and lead tactical test activities needed to answer mission-critical questions across multiple product lines. - Understand manufacturing processes that are “critical to safety” in order to identify and build test requirements needed to assess those processes. - Work with relevant suppliers to ensure test procedures and all Ongoing Safety Testing (OST) confirms to Apple specs and international standards. Work with suppliers to ensure that corresponding product safety requirements are upheld during production. - Conduct designs of experiments (DOEs) and support failure analysis efforts as needed. - Be a leader in ongoing evaluation and interpretation of International Safety standards and the implications for Apple products.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (or related field). - Postgraduate field in a relevant field is highly desired.