Reliability Engineer - Module & Technology
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Do you like to break things? Do you ever wonder what goes into making Apple products an amazing user experience? The engineers on Apple’s innovative reliability team are responsible for insuring that our products exceed our customer’s expectations for robustness, durability, and reliability. We are looking for hardworking contributors who enjoy working on revolutionary products and aspiring to make them better through creation and execution of comprehensive test suites, identification of potential failure modes, and collaboration with design teams to drive product improvements. This position is offered in Apple’s Module & Technology Reliability Group. We guide development teams toward a reliable design of new technology components. Key partners in this effort are the module vendors that produce and test the products for their reliability performance. Successful candidates in this role will guide the vendors toward timely, accurate execution of reliability tests, and timely, accurate reporting of the results, while meeting the following objectives.
- - Analytical skills in defining a problem statement, crafting experiments, and root cause analysis.
- - Experience with the manufacture and/or design of assemblies that convert digital signals into physical (voltage, light, vibration) signals and vice versa.
- - Deep understanding of the physics behind material properties (mechanical, electrical, and optical).
- - Capable of auditing a test facility
- - Adept in statistical data analysis and reporting; skilled using statistics software
- Maintain frequent, efficient communication concerning the developments in Asia and in Cupertino - Guide vendors to support test and reporting requirements both remotely and through on-site visits. - Drive test equipment and test specs that are critical for validation of reliability - Identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle - Develop new tests based on the physics of failure and any novel user interactions that the technology enables. - Assess reliability through stress test data and failure analysis - Provide direction for failure analysis to drive toward root cause
Education & Experience
- This position requires 2-8 years of experience in an engineering role facilitating communication across geographies and organizations - M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field desired. - Experience in an engineering role involving hands-on work desired
- - Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- - Ability to manage numerous projects at once, with attention to detail
- - Ability to drive decisions and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- - Flexibility and adaptability to accept new tasks
- - Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the dream to work with a great team and product
- - Enthusiasm and ability to collaborate among a diverse set of partners
- - Ability to travel freely among Asian nations