Cellular RF Software Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Cellular RF software team is actively looking for an experienced Radio Frequency (RF) Software/Firmware Engineer to contribute and build Apple’s future wireless modem and products. The successful candidate will need in-depth knowledge in RF architecture, wireless communications, excellent software fundamentals, strong communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to innovate and develop ground-breaking products.
- Hands-on experience in mobile phone, modem, or RF chipset development.
- In-depth knowledge of mobile communications in 2G/3G/4G/5G NR sub-6 and mmW
- Experience in wireless systems, RF transceiver, antenna tuning, adaptive algorithm, and deep learning
- Strong skills in embedded SW development and RF system validation
- Collaborative and creative mindset to take up challenges
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Design and develop RF software module and bring up iPhone/iPad modem transceiver systems in close collaboration with RF HW, Baseband and Protocol SW teams. - Create, develop and optimize RF transceiver algorithms and SW modules to enhance field performance, factory yield, and RF testability. - Provide RF SW expertise to investigations of critical RF issues in a cross-functional HW/SW working environment. - Interface between SW R&D teams and production teams on a daily basis and deliver solutions under aggressive schedules.
Education & Experience
- MS degree + 3 years’ experience in mobile device development.
- - Extensive knowledge and hands on experiences with RF HW and Baseband Modem technology would be a PLUS.
- - Experience on mobile device factory build and support would be a PLUS