Senior DevOps Operator
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Job Summary We are looking for an experienced technical operator to join our DevOps team with experience maintaining and scaling services in our cloud computing environment. You will work closely with our global DevOps team and our Engineering, Partner Experience, and System Admin teams, to maintain the best experience for our business customers and Apple vendors. This is a great and meaningful opportunity to join us in building scalable and efficient cloud infrastructure, monitoring instrumentation, health checks, tracing data, troubleshooting and conducting root cause analysis. Lastly, you will work with UI and backend Engineering teams to build up and upgrade our services using our CICD pipeline.
- Over 5 years architecting and Linux/Unix system experience
- At least 3 years works on Hadoop and cloud computing environment, including:
- Deep concept and knowledge of distribution and virtualization system, based on Linux, Linux VM and Container technologies.
- Experience with one of the service discovery tools, such as ZK, etcd or consul, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline & streaming framework such as Spark, Storm, Kafka, Flink, Druid etc.
- Understand object storage and the standard APIs
- Familiar with one of the service mesh technologies, such as Istio, Linkerd, etc.
- Familiar at least one kind of the search and analytics engine such ask Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr, etc.
- Know both of the RDBMS and NoSQL Database (MySQL, HBase, MongoDB, OpenTSDB, etc.), can frequently use SQL Language to search and modify data.
- Know how to work with the Restful APIs
- Some basic knowledges on data visualize and related tools such as Zeppelin, Jupyter, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience deploying and managing observability tools such as ELK stack, Graphite, Prometheus and ZENOSS
- Experience on version control system such as GitHub, GitLab, Beanstalk, etc.
- Know CI/CD system like Jenkins
- Good logic thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Good at English read and write, can use English to express technical topics and solve problems
- Good teamwork, communication skill and like to expose and express personal opinion on existing environment
- Can accept early morning shift with handover interaction from US and other global teams
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
Shape the next generation of big data solutions at Apple by working on the bleeding-edge technologies and solutions for the Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team. SDS is looking for outstanding engineers and operators to help bring our environment to the next level. All technologies we listed above does not mean you have to professional all of the stuff, you are welcome if you master some of technology, We will support and work together to balance all cloud computing technologies. We are an ambitious team that takes appropriate risks and challenges everything -- including each other. Be a member of the team that is responsible for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s products around the world. You will build systems that every iPhone, iPad and Mac have interacted with. Apple’s engineering and operations teams will utilize your systems to build the next remarkably great product. Do something amazing and be a critical part of a company that everyone recognizes and loves. In this role, you will be managing very large-scale, highly-available Hadoop infrastructure supporting many-Petabytes of data and growing very rapidly. You will be a key part of the design, architecture, instrumentation and delivery of a massive data platform empowering Apple’s products. As a member of a multi functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging operational problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. You will be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, instrumenting, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technology solutions for the platform.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s and above degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience will be considered.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using Commercial Hadoop system like CDH, Hortonworks etc.
- Experienced on Linux Container Orchestration, such as Marathon, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Experienced on BASH shell script
- Experienced on YAML, JSON and XML
- Mater one or more of following languages would be bonus: Scala, Java, Python or Ruby
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.