iPhone System Electronic Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are searching for self-driven, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our iPhone product. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way: usability, integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale. The candidate will play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with cross functional design team in the process, including: - Product Design /Mechanical Engineering - HW design, prototype bring-up and electrical validation - Each module team - Firmware, iOS - Reliability, Operations, etc. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Contract Manufacturer’s EE team, and take a lead role in driving those teams to achieve our validation and manufacturing goals with a very high bar of quality.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Curious mind and both intuitive and rigorous problem solving skills.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /mobile devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (audio and video, USB, wireless, memory bus, etc.) and their design issues.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Participate in design and development of next generation iPhone from concept to mass production. - Be the technical owner at Contract Manufacturer’s site to support various engineering builds ranging from Proto, EVT to PVT. Represent the EE team in a cross-functional team environment. - Be able to identify EE related issues in the field. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
Education & Experience
- BSEE required. MSEE preferred.