Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest quality and the highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs (Apple Watch and Its Bands) in a cosmetically demanding environment.
- - Typically requires 5+ years of experience in developing quality plans, designing and validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required.
- - Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base.
- - Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred.
- - Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- - Good written and verbal English skills.
QUALITY PLANNING - Apply deep understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to handle the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. - Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes. - Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members - Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools. - Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. - Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to Apple quality standards. - Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. SUPPLIER QUALITY MANAGEMENT - Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. - Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. - Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages. - Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent - Has 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Environment