RF Systems Hardware Engineer - Multi-radio Coexistence
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have an outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple RF System Engineering team is looking for a hardworking, ambitious individual to work on overall system performance of multi-radio coexistence for various wireless technologies (Cellular, WiFi, BT, GPS, and NFC .. etc.). The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of onder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- You have a solid understanding and experience in RF hardware and system design.
- You have a deep understanding of RF link budget, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC operation, and optimization techniques for different jammer conditions.
- You understand RF component characteristic and have experience using lab equipment, including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer.
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware.
- Knowledge on EM and antenna theory, system-level grounding, shielding, isolation, and electromagnetic interference mitigation is a plus.
- Knowledge on coexistence MAC/PHY mitigation scheme, efficiency performance, and programming/scripting skills (i.e., Python, MATLAB) is a plus
- You have excellent interpersonal, technical reporting, and presentation skills, both written & verbal.
- You are able to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
You will be involved in system development of wireless products with a focus on multi-radios coexistence design. You will define coexistence performance requirements and test methodology to ensure Apple product meets those requirements. You will work with multi-functional teams, vendors, contract manufacturers, and technology suppliers. You will provide design guidelines, review PCB and flex layouts, debug and resolve multi-radio coexistence issues. You will support the manufacturing test, debug failure units, and perform large sample failure analysis. You will participate in developing system mitigation that optimizes product performance. This includes hardware, firmware, software solutions, and algorithms to mitigate coexistence issues.
Education & Experience
- This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering with 3 years or above of meaningful work experience or an MS in Electrical Engineering with 1 year or above of meaningful work experience.