Antenna Design Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
You will be design and integrate antennas into wireless portable devices.
- 5+ years of experience in RF with at least 2 years in antenna design and test for wireless consumer products.
- MSEE required, PhD is preferred.
- Must have working experience of antenna design and tests, anechoic chambers, RF test equipment and antenna production.
- Hands-on is a must.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and strong working knowledge of radiation performance.
- Antenna and wave propagation theoretical background is essential.
- Experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/UMTS/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS, including the corresponding system level specifications is essential.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and process for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Detail oriented - taking data, using Excel, and making meaningful tables/graphs/averages.
Design and integrate antennas into wireless portable devices. Work closely with Contract Manufacturers, other Antenna/OTA design engineers, RF engineers, Mechanical engineers and Software engineers to integrate the antenna design into our products. Be able to collect and analyze production data, analyze production hardware and train contract manufacturers with the tools needed to make complex antenna integrations with consistent performance in millions of units. Create, execute and analyze production experiments to understand and improve on integration challenges. Publish reports and provide feedback to other design engineers. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
- - Experience debugging testing from both electrical and mechanical perspective
- - Familiarity with basic tools
- - Be able to summarize and provide clear problem statements with data and details. Provide suggestions on improvements
- - Experience driving and training CMs to deliver results
- - Statstics knowledge, GRR experiments, data analysis experience
- - Familiarity with RF production line testing