Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- see below
• Collaborate with US PD for product mechanical design intent, development, validation. • Come out design risk assessments and mitigation plan with mechanical knowledge and manufacturing expertise, and work with CM to make it happen. • Interface with EE, acoustic engineer and user experience team for product architecture. key component layout (PCBA, Mic, Sensor, Driver), ergonomics. • Design product internal structure & select material. • Conduct tolerance analysis for stack-up case and study dimensional cosmetic performance. • Define component geometry dimension, strength and other design requirement to component site. • Be able to review the metrology to get confident data for judgement. • Review material preparation and sync up with PD internally to approve FAI / CPK. • Define design requirement to TechOps/Vendors for product assembly with correct fixture and equipment to fulfil the design requirement. • Awareness of the engineering cost and be able to reduce design cost from technology standpoint. • Collaborate with cross-function team(Product Management, TechOps, REL, EE…) to execute design validation plan and analyse validation data. • Conduct mechanical FACA(production and REL issue) to close. • Build strong leadership with CM PD team, lead and drive CM to achieve our performance and validation goals.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred.
- • Experience with acoustic & optical product mechanical design is a definite plus.
- • Mechanical design using CAD 3D molding and drafting package experience with NX a plus.
- • Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs with excellent understanding of GD&T.
- • Experience with data analysis tools(Minitab, JMP…).
- • Demonstrated ability design for plastic injection moulding and metal stamping and CNC process.
- • Experience with various materials (research, selection, testing, process ability)
- • Independent work under high pressure and tight schedule.
- • Requires up to 25% domestic travel to support build, issue FACA and solution validation.