Public Relations Manager, Corporate Communications
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Public Relations Manager to drive strategy, lead planning and production of original PR content for the China market. Responsibilities include editorial calendar planning, writing and editing stories for Apple’s own and external platforms. The Shanghai-based role is part of the Apple Greater China PR team and supports PR campaigns when needed. Applications should include a resume, cover letter, and published clips.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience
- A proven track-record of content planning, writing and editing, ideally with a leading Chinese outlet.
- Social media savvy, with strong nose of what’s trending, and the ability of connect content with the audience.
- Superb news judgement and knowledge of different audiences. Strong media network and understanding of how different newsrooms operate.
- Expert knowledge of Apple’s corporate values, products and services is preferred.
- Phenomenal Attention to details and deadlines. Well-honed sense of urgency along with the capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Strong written and spoken skills required for Mandarin and English.
Work with internal and external partners to conceive and drive content plan and obtain all necessary approvals. Identify new and creative ways to amplify the Apple story. Write original content under deadlines and edit stories expertly. Oversee the creation of story packages, ensure they are optimized for all platforms, and track performance indicators. Use technology to identify and escalate potential issues and trending topics that may impact Apple.