Localization Motion Designer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The Localization Production Design team is a passionate group of individuals dedicated to bringing Apple’s products to the world. Our team is responsible for producing print and digital documentation for Apple hardware and software in up to 40 languages. Localized deliverables include items such as graphics for the Tips app, macOS welcome experiences, printed information booklets, graphics for online user guides, and product packaging for Apple hardware.
- 5+ years experience in motion graphics, broadcast, or animation
- Mastery of After Effects for creating user interface animations, rapid user experience comps, and prototypes
- Extensive experience with Adobe tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Deep understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines, macOS and iOS platforms
- Strong communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate colleagues
- Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced production workplace
- Resourceful, adaptable, results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
- Passion and track record for innovation and creative problem solving.
The working environment is very fast paced requiring management of aggressive delivery schedules and extensive cross-functional collaboration with project managers, designers, engineers, translators, QA and marketing teams. As a Motion Designer on the Localization Production Design team you will: Develop localized user interface animations that highlight what’s possible with iOS and iPadOS. Guide colleagues through the production of animation deliverables. Assist in training new team members, troubleshoot animation issues and provide scalable localization solutions that uphold Apple design & quality standards. Identify and spearhead opportunities for process, design, and technical improvements. In addition to creating motion graphics you will be running automation scripts and evaluating technical tools that support our work. This is truly a team at the intersection of design and technology.
Education & Experience
BA degree in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, or other related discipline
- Must provide link to portfolio that demonstrates strong concepts and execution across mobile and desktop apps, web, or film and broadcast