New Product Introduction SQA Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you can do here! Are you interested in an outstanding opportunity to contribute on a team passionate about ensuring efficient manufacturing system testing of consumer electronics products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company and customer satisfaction? The New Product Introduction System Quality Assurance Team is seeking a driven, dynamic, and skilled test engineer with strong capabilities in system testing, audio and wireless technologies, and cross-functional collaboration to champion product quality. Do you like working on a team that makes a difference on the products they work on? Bring your skills and ideas to help us work collaboratively with our engineering partners to improve our software and hardware. Contribute as part of our diverse team of test engineers using flexibility and creativity to ensure we can effectively test and build at scale the products that our customers love to use.
- Proven QA skills with at least two complete product cycles, from inception to customer shipment. Experience shipping customer-facing products a plus.
- Experience with the hardware and software development lifecycle
- Experience with testing embedded consumer electronics or mobile devices
- Understanding of Bluetooth or similar wireless technologies
- Experience working with multi-functional and remote teams to collectively achieve test goals
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Experience with defect tracking systems (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Ability to quickly pick up new knowledge and concepts and develop innovative solutions
- Experience working in a Linux, Unix, or MacOS environment
As a system quality assurance engineer, you will work on real challenges the team faces as well as upcoming products. To be successful in this position, you have a strong technical foundation, are able to learn new technologies quickly, show initiative, and possess excellent attention to detail and communication skills. You must be motivated and prepared to work both independently and cross-functionally. - You will work with system quality assurance engineers to validate test processes that will be executed on hardware produced at Apple contract manufacturers. - Utilizing tools and frameworks developed to execute and automate system level testing, you will execute system level tests to collect and analyze data and verify key features of one or more products as they go through the hardware and software development life cycles. - Responsibilities also include identifying, reproducing, and isolating bugs in both structured and open styles of testing. You'll use your skills to assist other teams to implement and test new features, debug and troubleshoot failures, and present analysis of data to drive resolution of issues. - Your contributions will come together to help ensure that Apple products are free of defects when manufactured and shipped to customers.
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent (MS preferred).
- Helpful, but not required:
- - Experience authoring and automating test scripts in shell, Python, or another scripting language
- - Experience testing using continuous integration systems
- - Experience with firmware testing
- - Experience with manufacturing testing or testing in a factory environment