Display Module Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a Display Module In-Region Engineer to lead the development and qualification activities to design and develop innovative Flat Panel Displays used in large size display products (iPad, Mac)
- The candidate will need to have minimum 3 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of Flat Panel Displays.
- Demonstrated ability to perform AMLCD or AMOLED design & validation is a must.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred.
- Proven track of record in AMLCD or AMOLED panel design & process in mainstream flat panel display industry.
- In-depth knowledge of AMLCD TFT, LC cell design or AMOLED and production process.
- Experience in working directly with mainstream AMLCD or AMOLED vendors is preferred.
- Excellent project managements, written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
This individual will manage all engineering activities necessary to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. Mainly will work at display vendor site, FATP site, will serve as a focal point among Cupertino module DRI, system mechanical and EE team, display optical and EE team, supply management team and display vendors.The individual will be responsible for the overall display module development acting as In-Region Direct Responsible Individual - Investigate up-to-date Flat Panel Display technologies and generate new approaches to further enhance Apple iPad/Mac display optical performances - Define build issues and head up at display module / FATP site ,solve the issue in timely manner. - Analyze the optical/mechanical related failures and AMLCD / AMOLED cell related failures to improve the performance of display device - Work with system engineering team to understand system and validate display modules at system level - Work with project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp - Work with cross-functional team to do failure analysis on AMLCD / AMOLED defects / front of screen issues
Education & Experience
MS in Physics, Optics, EE or ME with minimum 3 years experience, or BS degree plus a minimum of 5 years experience