Application Field Engineer – Instrument Engineering
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Join our Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good fundamentals in communication, software and signal processing to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple. This small team of world-class engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing the radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs andWatches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in beautiful test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you.
- Excellent fundamentals and proven track record of developing applications in one or more of Swift, C++, Objective-C, C, Python
- Relevant experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design(OOAD) concepts & scalable software design principles
- Relevant experience of SW test technique sand methodologies
- Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals and communications theory
- Excellent debugging experience of complex systems requiring software and RF.
- Familiar with signal processing techniques used in PHY layers for:WIFI, BT, LTE, mmWave
- Energy and drive to succeed in a start-up like environment
As an Application Field Engineer, you will develop and debug high quality software using modern software engineering techniques as part of a diverse team. Responsibilities include designing, developing, testing and deployment of software solutions, using a data-driven approach within a continuous improvement culture. You will debug precision test equipment used by RF automation systems to test Apple’s newest products including iPhone, iPad, Mac and others for different wireless technologies. You will debug complex systems composed of RF frontends, digital baseband and FW and SW stacks. You will work aggressively with other multi-functional teams to analyze results and root cause problems. International and/or domestic travel is required.
Education & Experience
BS EE or CS required, MS EE or CS preferred
- 3-5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Recent experience in any of the following areas
- Developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers,
- oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, Wide-band testers, etc.