RF System Integration Engineer— Cellular Technologies
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple System RF team is looking for a Radio Frequency (RF) System Integration Engineer, who has real passion to learn the new technologies and deliver excellent products that delight millions of customers’ every day. The candidate will be responsible for developing and optimizing RF automation testing systems used on Apple’s products including iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch and more for different wireless technologies.
- Excellent fundamentals and relevant work experience programming in one or more of C, C++, Objective-C. Working knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Good solid understanding of RF fundamentals.
- Good understanding and experience with testing of RF metrics for different cellular technologies.
- Recent experience or understanding of current cellular RF standards (e.g. 3GPP, GSM, UMTS, LTE, NR, etc)
- Knowledge or exposure to RF calibration algorithms is a plus (e.g. Tx power, XO, RSSI, Envelope tracking, IQ mismatch, etc.)
- Power user of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc. Experience of cellular communication tester (e.g. CMW, Litepoint, etc) is a plus.
- Knowledge of EE lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Candidate will support multiple products by authoring scalable software and utilizing strong engineering fundamentals. Candidate will contribute to a multi-facetted software suite based on C/C++. Candidate should be well versed with cellular technologies and 3GPP specification. Candidate will analyze results in conjunction with multi-functional teams to identify and root cause issues.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE/Ph.D. preferred.