Site Technical Manager
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in operations engineering activities
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience, preferably wearable device, smart phone, personal computer, consumer electronics, networking or other technology-based industry sector, including a detailed understanding of Final Assembly, Test, Pack and SMT processes.
- Direct experience managing functional engineering teams a plus (IE, ME, EE, TE, DFX, Etc.)
- Direct experience managing product design, ME/AME design team a plus.
- Understanding of both ME and EE including RF/wireless technology of the product, and able to deeply discuss technical issues with Engineering teams
- Experience in using process driven and analytical approaches to problem-solving (Six Sigma, 8D, FMEA, etc.)
- Proven bottom line project management experience. (Planning, Cost, & Delivery)
- Experience in working with OEM partners for Eng mgt or project mgt.
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to manage and drive closure to issues across a multi-faceted, matrix organization
Act as the primary technical leader for a product and manufacturing site Provide a link from the site to the Cupertino Engineering teams for factory and product issues for the entire product life-cycle, from new product introduction to the product life, including supply continuity and refurbishment activities Expedite closure of technical operational issues related to SMT, Final Assembly, Test and Pack to ensure consistent execution of the factories’ quality and production plans Experience in RF & wireless technology in factory environment will be a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering