Supplier Base Engineer
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Lead the development work of automated equipment (or continuous production line), which is used to fulfill the entire manufacturing process of our different types of enclosure parts and subassemblies on Phone & Watch projects.
- Be deeply involved in the entire equipment development cycle, including: basic process validation, initial automation proposal, machine selection, protot ype machine testing & evaluation, modification proposal, final qualification etc. Would be also working on existing machine continuous improvement, cycle time reduction, modification or retrofit for other use, etc.
- Utilize your Mechanical Engineering experience to provide guidance on machine layout, part-flow, movement mechanism, fixture design, accuracy control, certain module selection, etc. Assist equipment failure analysis & propose corrective actions on regular basis; conduct DOEs to validate machine stability as well as process capability.
- Work cross functionally with Product Design Engineering to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend capable production processes and equipment.
- Work closely with Cupertino-based SBEs in the development of above said processes.
- Work with Global Supply Managers to develop new equipment from RFQ through factory implementation, and manufacture and deliver material to downstream supply chain nodes on time and on cost.
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineers to drive yield improvement through analysis of part quality, defect pareto, and SPC.
- A heavy emphasis will be on working with suppliers to define and refine mechanical tooling and fixtures, and establishing process capability and readiness.
- Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity.
Experiences in developing single station automated equipment or continuos production line, working on or being deeply involved in equipment design, assembly, integration, debugging, etc. Experiences in developing customized machine (non-standard machine) in 3C industry is preferred, including the following areas (but not limited to): small parts assembly, glue dispensing, film lamination, printing/painting, special pick & place handling, etc. Familiar with GD&T, DOE, SPC Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English. On-site build support; must be willing to work from OEM factories. Ability and willingness to work independently and travel frequently (mainly in Asia). A team player who is self-motivated, results oriented and detailed oriented.
College degree in Mechanical / Electrical-Mechanical / Industrial Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.