Supplier Quality Engineer(FPC)
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position will be responsible for Supplier quality engineer to improve/build quality in Flexible printed circuit(FPC). It includes responsibility for process/manufacturability development including process, product, equipment qualification.
- - A background in chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering with relevant work experience; some process engineering experience is preferred.
- - A strong knowledge of the Flexible printed circuit(FPC) manufacturing process including familiarity with equipment, chemistries, and methodologies known in the industry.
- - Experience in FPC manufacturing process is preferred.
- - A strong knowledge of materials used throughout the electronics industry.
- a. Experience with HDI technology is a must such as Filled via, Button plating
- b. Experience with advanced technologies such as Multi-layer FPC, LPI Cover-lay, LCP is preferred.
- - The ability to evaluate options and make critical decisions under uncertainty and deadline.
- - A creative thought processes.
- - Business level of English communication.
- To work as a member of a cross-functional team to ensure manufacturability of printed circuit designs. - To lead Quality improvement of FPC - To maintain and enforce printed circuit specifications for external suppliers. - To evaluate FPC capabilities and control systems. - To determine feasibility and provide approval for the use of new technologies on Apple programs. - To suggest alternative solutions where cost reduction opportunities exist or design limitations require
Education & Experience
BS or MS of relevant background
- Familiarity assembly (i.e. SMT, Molding)
- Experience in Project management is plus
- Experience in Rigid, Rigid-Flex is plus
- Familiarity with the semiconductor manufacturing processes is plus
- Language: Japanese or Chinese is plus