Environmental Supplier Quality Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple’s Environmental Technologies group is seeking a seasoned environmental professional to manage product compliance assessment throughout supply chain. This individual will help develop environmental management processes for suppliers and manufacturing partners, and perform on-site assessments of environmental compliance of suppliers and manufacturing partners, lead on investigations and drive corrective actions when compliance issues are found, work closely with Environmental program manager to launch hardware products under development. These activities will require substantial travel, primarily in China, but throughout Asia and occasionally to the US or Europe. Travel can be encouraged approximately 50% of the year. At times, travel may be required with little prior notice.
- Understanding of environmental standards and regulations, including RoHS, REACH, CA Prop 65, EPEAT, IEC:62321 and the test methods.
- Expertise on product environmental compliance audit, failure analysis, root cause investigation and corrective actions.
- Knowledge and/or experience on material manufacturing processes for textile, leather, silicone and soft polymer, and material's environmental quality control
- Thrives in environments where attention to details is required
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
Set up product environmental compliance inspection plan for suppliers and contract manufacturers, deliver training to supplier and audit to make sure operation perfection, including IQC/OQC test, traceability maintenance, data analysis and discrepancy interpretation. Manage supply chain to execute Apple’s environmental initiatives including NPI compliance declaration, new material audit, ongoing compliance test. Lead on product compliance issue investigation, failure analysis, verification and corrective action plan. Collaborate with environmental engineering and initiative team to develop new process and drive continuous improvement in execution. Track and collect data to fulfill project requirement or product compliance certification, work with external auditor for manufacturing process audit.
Education & Experience
BS/MS preferably with 7+ relevant working experience, major in Chemistry, Materials, Environmental Engineering or equivalent. Experience on material compliance development is a great plus.