Display Test Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Display Investigations group is looking for a for a creative, practical and collaborative person with right skillset and experiences to support research engineers working on Apple display components. The position requires conducting experiments that will include setting up of test equipment, assembling test fixtures, test data collection.
- At least 3 years experience in electrical, reliability or optical testing in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of electronic and optical measurement equipment.
- Proven record of building, maintaining, and repairing custom test equipment.
- Experiment ownership and ability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well with other team members.
- Self-starter with time management capability and a can-do attitude.
- Be willing and able to have international travel.
As an engineer responsible for determining the suitability of new Apple display components, you will have a wide range of responsibilities in developing and implementing novel opto-electronics test procedures for Apple products: - Optical and electrical testing of display components - Configure and run complex measurement setups using high accuracy test equipment. - Work with suppliers to build custom test equipment, maintain and troubleshoot measurement equipment - Work cross-functionally with multiple groups within Apple tasked with the development of products incorporating novel display system designs. - Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment
Education & Experience
- MS degree in electronics, engineering, or physics preferred