China Supply Demand Planner
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, Asia Operations Supply Demand Planner.
- - You will have 10+ years’ experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry
- - Prior experience in Sales & Operation with supply and demand planning is strongly preferred.
- - Strong Excel skill
- - In this role, you will combine a working understanding of outstanding supply chain practices, strong problem solving capabilities, and business savvy.
- - You are encouraged to exert thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization - should be a strong teammate and communicator.
- - Working with partners throughout the organization to seek opportunities for work process efficiency improvements.
- - You should be comfortable presenting to senior management.
- - Broad knowledge of ERP and supply chain optimizations industry tools such as SAP. Six Sigma Black Belts is helpful.
- - Strong understanding in heuristic and non-linear optimization methods. Have experiences in predictive and optimization modelling, Gurobi Solver is preferred.
- - Ability to troubleshoot and root cause results from thousands of intersection data. Have experience in crafting and using applications such as Tableau is preferred.
The China Supply Demand Planner will be the voice of Apple’s worldwide customers to the production and operations teams in China. As the link between Apple’s headquarters and Apple’s Asia Operations team and OEM partners, this person will develop, communicate, and execute end-to- end product demand and supply plans across all channels of distribution in over 80 countries for a current or future product line. Product line assignments will be made at the time of hire in any of Apple’s multi-billion dollar businesses, including Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Wearable and Accessories. - Be the supply and demand representative in China for forecast, inventory, and multi-channel sell through analysis, able to bridge biz strategy to operational supply chain management. - Be part of the global process to define the launch strategy including launch target and execution plan of new product introductions and balancing the NPI E2E daily planning to ensure smooth product transitions. - Drive the execution of the weekly and quarterly supply plans that meet Apple’s financial objectives. Evaluate risks. Plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. - Partner with Apple Operation team on OEM site strategy development and plan factory capacity requirements based on demand projections, call out the risks and provide prioritization during constraint. - Partner with the material and global procurement teams to allocate constrained components, ensure Apple pack request and customer commits is able to be secured under an optimized allocation. - Coordinate with OEM and Apple Operations / Logistics teams to ensure a flawless execution plan through Pick Pack and Ship to serve a world-class customer experience. - Lead product and biz review and recommended actions to Asia Procurement Operation executive management team on a weekly basis. - Well-verse in Lean/Work Process Improvement methods such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Loss elimination analysis. Have experienced in leading supply & demand planning work process improvement projects and able to find opportunities for work process efficiency improvements. - Define and measure OEM key performance measurement metrics and drive continuous improvements, such as forecast accuracy, fulfillment rate, etc.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience will be considered. APICS is a plus.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.