EE Failure Analysis Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This position is offered in Apple’s electrical failure analysis team. You will be responsible for providing failure analysis on complicated electrical failures during NPI process or from the field return. You will have opportunity to work together with various functional teams to perform hands-on root cause identification using advanced analytical tools and provide solutions.
- We are looking for you to be-
- - Minimum 5 years experience of electrical FA in consumable electronic manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, reliability test.
- - Specific failure analysis expertise in at least one filed, includes electronics components, semiconductor devices, semiconductor manufacturing, PCB manufacturing
- - Strong analytical skills. Ability to compile FA data into conclusive story
- - Self-motivated with strong English written and verbal communications skills
- - Hands on experience with FA tools, such as thermography, Obirch, Emmi, sat, Oscilloscope, X-Ray, CT, nano probe, SEM/EDX, FIB
- - Experience of electronic system design is a plus
- - Experience with mechanical sample preparation is a plus
We are expecting you to be - Technical owner to participate in electrical FA during product NPI and MP - Thoughtfully resolves issues with creative ideas - Have extensive experience with failure analysis and have willingness to deep dive into complex issues.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's, Master's or PhD of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required. Physics degree is acceptable.
- PhD, M.S., B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Engineering, Materials/Chemistry Science or a related discipline.