RF Engineering Program Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple’s Wireless EPM team is looking for a dynamic, self-driven and highly motivated Engineering Program Manager responsible for leading multi-functional wireless engineering programs. This is an unusual opportunity to experience and be a part of Apple’s new product introduction process for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac and more, from prototype to mass production. The EPM role is highly technical and leverages on a solid EE/RF background to understand technical details of multi-functional issues and risks. The role requires an unusual mix of technical knowledge and project management experience, to cover breadth of program variables and depth of specific technical issues.
- 5+ years of strong technical experience in RF/Wireless Communications industry
- Technical understanding or experience with one or more radio technologies including: Cellular, Technical project/product management experience required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including capability to drive executive meetings
- Experience leading and driving teams in multi-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience in production/factory engineering of consumer electronics a huge plus
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude with the dream to work with a great team and product
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- You will lead multi-functional Wireless engineering teams for NPI process from prototype to mass production - You will act as the primary Wireless technical leader for a product and manufacturing site - You will work closely with development teams early in the product development lifecycle to define and implement RF Design at both board and system level - Responsible for driving the project build plans for development and material preparation. - Drive multi-functional teams for failure / root cause analysis and implement corrective action measures - Be the main contact concerning wireless tests and processes with our Contract Manufacturers - Responsible for communicating RF design & test status and corrective actions to technical staff and executive management in clear and concise manner. - Collaborate with and drive vendors, integrating their work and schedules into the project - Work closely with Operations to ensure smooth handover from NPI to mass production - Ability to deal with dynamic and rapidly changing environment requiring efficient and timely decision-making - Frequent travel is expected (20-35+%).
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or related occupation.