APAC Litigation Lawyer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Apple is looking for a mid/senior-level attorney with significant experience in intellectual property litigation to provide world-class litigation management in the Asia Pacific region (“APAC”). This lawyer will be based in Apple’s Beijing or Shanghai office. The areas of responsibility will include multiple jurisdictions in APAC, most notably China, Japan, and South Korea, and with opportunity to support and develop experience across a number of different jurisdictions over time.
- Significant experience managing Chinese intellectual property litigation. Some exposure to other types of Chinese litigation and litigation in other APAC countries would be useful but not essential, but an interest in working across the APAC region is essential.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organization, and negotiation skills are essential
- Experience in providing advice to multi-national organizations, with proven ability to match legal expertise to commercial business context.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with clients and management.
- China, Singapore or other APAC qualification as a legal professional.
- Formal education in electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field would also be useful but not essential, but a strong technology interest and aptitude is essential.
- 8+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Excellent technical, analytical and decision-making skills together with an ability to communicate, both verbal and written, in a commercial and non-technical manner.
- Self-motivated and solution driven.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment and perform under pressure.
- Sense of humour and commitment to professionalism.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in Chinese is strongly preferred. Competency in Japanese and/or Korean is a plus.
Be a trusted legal partner to the Litigation group, the broader Apple Legal organization, and the business managing a challenging docket of litigation matters in APAC, coordinating closely with in-house litigation counsel in the United States. Supervise teams of outside counsel in APAC litigation matters, providing strategic direction and billing oversight. Monitor legal developments in APAC jurisdictions, working with Apple Government Affairs personnel to advocate for changes to ensure continued fairness and efficiency of judicial systems Apple encounters.