Carrier Technical Lead
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- You will need to be experienced working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks.
- You'll need to demonstrate direct experience of having perviously worked with one or more carriers, to deliver products that operate on their network, including supporting lab/field testing.
- Extensive proficiency and validated experience analysing full stack logs and fixing wireless features and protocols for GSM, CDMA, UMTS, TD-SCDMA, LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD and any future technologies.
- Using your applied knowledge and understanding of IP technologies: VoLTE and WiFi Calling technologies.
- Familiarity with network cellular features and current deployments across China carrier networks
- You'll be comfortable using 3GPP/3GPP2/IETF/CCSA specification documents and the application into live networks.
- Knowledge of China device certification requirements and processes.
- Program/project management experience
- Can-do and able to be firm with partners
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams and manage partner interfaces
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities.
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to resolve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
- This role may require occasional international/domestic travel.
The Carrier Technical Lead (CTL) is charged with taking cellular Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. You are responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. In this role you will analyze network features and carrier requirements and provide feedback to multi-functional engineering teams. You will be responsible for the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our teams to debug and resolve issues. In addition, you will assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware or network changes.
Education & Experience
BS or Master of Engineering Degree